WKT 0.00% 10.0¢ walkabout resources ltd

WKT Fundamentals, page-655

1. 7,954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1649
    GXY, TAW, PLS, AJM and KDR are miles ahead of the lithium pack. Then you have a potential bohemoth in AVZ (which just for the record I don’t consider ‘investment grade’ at all). All of the aforementioned have the potential to expand production much more rapidly than someone can bring a new lithium project online. We’re yet to see just what the supply and demand landscape will look like in the next 3-5 years. My view is that WKT may have missed the boat here.

As for cobalt, well this is probably one of the great unknowns when it comes raw battery materials. Most battery manufacturers are spending tens and even hundreds of millions of dollars on R&D to change the battery chemistry to reduce or eliminate cobalt. Personally, I don’t see cobalt-free batteries being taken up by the automotive industry for at least 5 years, possibly more. Perhaps there is potential in the cobalt space for WKT, but there are plenty of other prospects and from what I can tell, judging from AUZ and COB, the CAPEX requirements for a cobalt producer are astronomical. Aside for the DRC I think Canada will likely be the next big producer of cobalt.

WKT has a terrific graphite resource in Lindi Jumbo. I think they would be well served to make this first, second and third priority. Progress those other projects by all means but don’t do it at the expense of burning cash and potentially diluting existing shareholders through premature capital raising. I would also like to see a little more emphasis moving forward on non-Chinese offtakes.

We’re getting real close to my target entry price of 11.5c. I look forward to joining the register soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $67.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.0¢ 9.8¢ $25.33K 255.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 75500 9.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 321161 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.