WKT 0.00% 11.0¢ walkabout resources ltd

WKT graphite update

1. 266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39

I am firstly a shareholder of WKT and believe the company has very positive prospects. However over recent few months I have had a strong level of unrest with the lack of announcements and box ticking from management on all fronts. 

Management advised throughout the lead up to obtaining the Mining Licence 'offtakes are highly advanced and will be finalised upon mining licence', 'funding is highly advanced and will be finalised upon mining licence', 'long lead in equipment and items are stored in China and will be delivered upon mining licence', etc, etc.

Whilst it is a positive that a mining licence has been achieved after great uncertainty (in saying this all graphite companies in Tanz obtained mining licence our management did not get any special treatment), no further updates have been provided surrounding the most important keys milestones which is required to transition a mining licence to an actual mine. If we have the 'best graphite' in the world, why are we using Pattersons for a very very poor Credit Raising (for the second time in a row) - why wouldn't one of the potential offtake partners purchase into the company? Could we not obtain additional fund for other sources rather than discounting the share price and issuing more shares to Pattersons who will sell off at a rapid rate (which has been experienced before). Management should know this and should of avoided a repeat. This just indicates to me a lack of experience from management and poor decisions. MNS, KNL, etc also Graphite mines with mining licences in Tanz are also not close to commencing construction/mining activities - is it not naive to think WKT will be the first graphite miner?

Management update us on some 'random' Joint Venture results which indicate poor results. Why is management focusing on branching out when we have to bring a mine out of the ground! Did PLS, AJM, etc focus on obtaining additional Joint Ventures and new community mines when they were focused on delivering a mine?? No they didn't! Why is WKT focused on new tenements in all parts of the world when 'we have the best graphite in the world under our soil with a mining licence'???

What shareholders need clarification to is the following;

- We are they offtakes;

- Who are the offtakes with? and at what price, terms, etc?

- When are the long lead-in equipment and items being delivered to site?

- Where is funding?

- Who is funding and on what commercial terms?

- Where is the construction timeline for the next 6 months?

- When are companies going to be appointed to; project manage, construction items, transportation, etc of the construction of the mine?

WKT have had the mining licence for a couple of months and there has been no comments in regards to the above!! The more I review what WKT has the more I actually believe we are further away from any potential for a long long time (if at all). So many boxes are yet to be ticked in progressing forward. 

No one will provide funding without offtakes, offtake partners wont sign agreements without the certainty the mine will be built, long lead in equipment cannot be purchased until both have been signed, etc, etc.

We need progress on TANZ not on some 'random' unfruitful Joint Venture tenements halfway across the world - which is highly speculative. I appreciate this stock is a spec stock, however now a mining licence is obtained, etc it has potential to convert into a mining junior rather than stay spec and everyone loses money.

This is more of a discussion piece than anything - and appreciate thoughts/comments. Overall I am disappointed with management over the preceding few months. 

Newbietrader.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $73.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.5¢ 11.0¢ $4.298K 38.64K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 203451 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 230858 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.