BRM 0.00% $2.53 brockman resources limited

The relevant acts are Section 624 and Section 650C of the...

1. 5,132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    The relevant acts are Section 624 and Section 650C of the Corporations Act 2001. If I am ready this correctly (and it's not my field). The offer is able to stay open in total from 1 month to 12 months. During this period, the offer is able to be extended; it does not state how many times an extension an offer is able to be made. So, providing the appropriate notifications are made, there is nothing to stop Wah Nam dragging this on until November. And I have a gut feeling they are stupid and pig headed enough to try it.

It would be the Takeovers Panel who would decide of any unacceptable circumstances. Whether this could include lost commercial opportunities due to a hostile and pointless takeover I am not sure.

I am just wondering out loud where in a legal sense the notion WN's takeover could be seen in the "frivolous and vexatious" category, as it surely is in actuality, and whether BRM can get any relief here.

Short term, BRM's best hope for ending this distraction, is to object against the Takeover Panel ruling if WN's so-called associates act transfer their shares to WN. The Panel will have been treated with contempt, and probably lied to by by WN if this is done...so there may be some relief here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.