XJO 0.12% 7,822.3 s&p/asx 200

woeful tuesday, page-119

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Although many will think my view is nonsensical, I am personally amazed at those that think a change of leader or a government decision will alter the markets destination.

Those changes if they happen FOLLOW the market not lead it.

If outside actions could change the market then there would be no way one could pinpoint major turning points and price levels way in advance.

Yes I believe in predestination and everything I have seen confirms it.

The sooner that is accepted, the easier it is to forget the news of the day and just concentrate on the reality of the market.

I wrote out a 10 year forecast of the markets back in the late 1980's and while not perfect was not bad. I didn't know what governments would be in power.

Here it is. I will add comments in brackets.

"Suggests severe bottom late 1990 (was Jan 1991), then rally and then bottom mid 1992 (was Nov 1992) then rally to mid 1993 and another bottom end 1994. Then SOARS to mid 1997, crash into mid 1998 (no it didn't, it just spent 2 years going nowhere), rally into late 1999 then down into 2002".

That was written when I was a beginner in many ways, and I believe today I could have done a better job.

Where was the proviso on which government was in power or whether there was a war or natural calamities?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.