Provocative thread title that @pintohoo ? “Have to” ? By whose...

1. 18,036 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3743
    Provocative thread title that @pintohoo ?
    “Have to” ?
    By whose decree?

Anyway I reckon women DO learn and men too.

-Is what life is for is it not?

And as we all learn what society teaches us, I guess we will all continue to learn what is promulgated in our local culture whether it’s tattoos, bustles, hair pieces, cod pieces, beards, breast implants ....
    ................bound feet, string bikinis, guns or no guns, religion, morals, music, diet  etc ad infinitum.

FWIW coming back to fashion and beauty
    It seems to me that through history - for men and women - it starts with someone, somewhere being considered alluring - often a young and healthy person - and then others trying to mimic them .
    After that peer group pressure binds the ‘ideals’ like a poor little foot into a cultural more and sets off a trend - usually one that keeps people in business or gives some other advantage.

And why target women as  ‘needing to learn’  when appearance is all powerful in this society and power is acknowledged as success and if you can feel successful by buying a red lipstick and looking great in a string bikini then surely you are mad to not deploy those tools? (climate and geography consdering)

This is what we HAVE learned.

If instagram was full of most-lauded pictures of half revealed ankles, bustled bums and wasp corsets there would be a rush in that direction?
    And in that different world lead powder to whiten the complexion  might still be being sold in buckets and belladonna drops to expand the pupils of those communicative eyes.

Who will teach differently?
    Last edited by sabine: 08/03/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.