Here is another women so called put down by St Paul the Apostle,...

1. RM
    7,458 Posts.
    Here is another women so called put down by St Paul the Apostle, the first European convert was a woman not a man he name was Lydia

Acts 16:12-15
    New International Version (NIV)
    12 From there we traveled to Philippi, a Roman colony and the leading city of that district[a] of Macedonia. And we stayed there several days.

13 On the Sabbath we went outside the city gate to the river, where we expected to find a place of prayer. We sat down and began to speak to the women who had gathered there. 14 One of those listening was a woman from the city of Thyatira named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth. She was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul’s message. 15 When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to her home. “If you consider me a believer in the Lord,” she said, “come and stay at my house.” And she persuaded us.

Acts 16:40
    40 After Paul and Silas came out of the prison, they went to Lydia’s house, where they met with the brothers and sisters and encouraged them. Then they left.

Lydia always had “open house” for the saints of God and her home became a center of Christian fellowship in Philippi with perhaps the first Christian church being formed therein.

When Paul came to write his letter to the Philippians, we can rest assured that Lydia was included in all the saints at Philippi to whom he sent his salutations (Philippians 1:1-7); and was also in his mind as one of those women who labored with him in the Gospel (Philippians 4:3).

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Phil.4.3

Philippians 4:3
    3 Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.

So women are co workers in Paul's eyes

ok now read Director 12 post with his link in explaining why structure was added to church service because the new found freedom women had in the faith went over the top turning gatherings into what could be described as Quaker meetings on steroids with red cordial.

So women taught theology to Men who later became Bishops, they were heads of households who converted their family to the faith as well as starting early churches based in their homes. All living with, working with or associated with Apostle Paul.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.