SSI 0.00% 28.0¢ sino strategic international limited

SSI continues to amaze, by jumping up another 32 cents today so...

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    SSI continues to amaze, by jumping up another 32 cents today so far, but on only 21,000-odd shares.

Now I'm wondering who is actually doing this? If it is short-term traders, then they have to be playing small peanuts, as the stock is so illiquid, that tiny parcels can shift the share price up or down by big amounts. If one were trying to make a decent profit, by buying a decent parcel of shares (e.g. 100,000 shares when they were 35 cents only a couple of weeks ago) then they would be worth heaps now - on paper!! But you wouldn't be able to sell them to realize the profit. Trying to sell even a fraction of that number of shares would push the price way back down again, even if leaked onto the market in small portions. There are large price gaps on both the buy and sell side - not 1-cent steps.

If, on the other hand, it is long-term investors buying the shares (and of course, for every buyer there must be a seller... who?) then they must really be expecting a bonanza in dividends rather than trying to realize the capital gain. But I can't see why - I'm not a fundamentalist, but I'm not aware of any imminent divs coming from SSI - please correct me if I'm wrong.

So - the question remains. Just who is pushing the price up, who is desperately buying, and why? I can understand small shareholders taking their profit and selling the small numbers that are traded, with great glee. But unless the buys are predominantly by one person or organization, trying to accumulate, then I'm not sure I can see any sense or logic here. And of course, if it IS one buyer, then what do they know that we don't?

Just curious..... :)

I don't hold SSI, and have no plans to do so. Far too illiquid to trade IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.