Wonderful, page-475

1. 27,540 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Of the thousands of copies most were made at least 2 centuries after the originals
    And the name for God appeared in some copies about 16 centuries after the originals and with the exception of translations published by Watchtower and a few others Bibles no longer use Jehovah as the name for God - this name could never have been used in the originals because such a name was impossible in the Biblical languages of the time that the originals were written.

Jehovah's Witnesses are not alone in recognizing God's name rightly belongs in the Holy Scriptures. Many African, Native American, Asian, European and Pacific Island languages use the divine name. They total more than 120.
    That is misleading because the name Jehovah was shoe-horned into these languages by the likes of Watchtower when they translated the NWT into these languages and was never in these languages.

When you suggest a ''Witness'' is ''ramming Jehovah down every ones throat'' it reminds me of the time a woman became hostile toward me because I used the word ''mankind'' when referring to humans. There was no chance I could calm her from that point on.
    Was the reason for the outburst that the woman realised how Watchtower attempts to dominate women? Perhaps the woman was sick of male dominance by Watchtower being rammed down her throat.

The NT was originally written by members of the Israelite nation that accepted Jesus as the Messiah. In contrast history clearly teaches that the nation rejected Jesus,
    Both claims are true. What is also true is that the nation of Judaism - whether you define them to be the nation of Israel or the worldwide community of Jews - reject Christ as the Messiah because they claim that he didn't fit the OT requirements for the Messiah.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.