Of course that Whereu is still emotionally affected and...

1. 26,970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Of course that Whereu is still emotionally affected and forgetting human nature and history. So let's make him remember something about history and human nature that he may have forgotten.

"In Lisbon when heretics were publicly burnt, it sometimes happened that one of them, by a particularly edifying recantation, would be granted the boon of being strangled before being put into the flames. This would make the spectators so furious that the authorities had great difficulty in preventing them from lynching the penitent and burning him on their own account. The spectacle of the writhing torments of the victims was, in fact, one of the principal pleasures to which the populace looked forward to enliven a somewhat drab existence."

Of course, @Infose, you are discussing people with the same mentality as those who justify the rape of children as a form of punishment for their sins not only those already committed but those still to be committed and as a test for faith.

Good grief you are talking about justifying terrible crimes against children who are scared for life as a result of these crimes.

No, I haven't forgotten about this darker side of "human nature and history" - I have no idea what led you to believe that I'm so profoundly ignorant.

Of course, I'm emotionally affected when a fellow human being goes out of his way to justify the rape of children and not only that but then blames the children for being raped. I make no apologies for being emotionally affected by your outrage; not to be would show a complete lack of empathy for my fellow human beings on my part.

I also feel sorry for you as a victim of having little empathy. I believe that it is a psychological problem that needs attention. So, let's encourage @Infose to seek help.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.