Wonderful, page-467

1. 1,579 Posts.
    t the violence of the New Testament

27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”Luke 19:27

"I did not come to bring peace, but the sword" (Mt 10,34). You clearly see in the Jesus of the Bible this awareness of putting in crisis by his words and his actions the usual ways of relating to the Law, to the religious institutions of the time, and ultimately to the tradition of the fathers.

It teaches that Jesus instructed his followers to forsake parents, siblings, friends etc as a necessity to follow him (Jesus).

Do you believe that I have come to bring peace to this world? No. I did not come to bring peace, but the dagger. I have come to separate the son and the father, the daughter and the mother, the daughter-in-law and the mother-in-law. Who loves his father and mother more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And who does not follow in my footsteps, loaded with his cross, is not worthy of me either. Whoever wants to save his life will lose it. And whoever lost his life because of me will find it. (Mt 10,34-36) .. What more do you want .

And from the manner in which he drove out the money changers in the Jerusalem Temple (John 2: 13-15), it is clear that he did not completely rule out the use of force, in establishing peace on earth.

Why be so surprised, in the new testament is not it The evil God of the old testament himself who appears in the person of Jesus through the incarnation. The old testament would therefore be the work of Jesus before its incarnation. You have to choose, either to set Jesus apart from any abomination of the Old Testament or to involve him and put total responsibility on him. Otherwise any dialogue in this direction as your usual will remain totally biased by malice. To tell us each time when all is well in the bible "it is Jesus" and when it is bad it is the God of the other biblical prophets of which Jesus is precisely the incarnation it is really a double language.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.