LYC 1.35% $5.83 lynas rare earths limited

The development of nuclear energy has been scrapped in favour of...

1. 6,218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1017
    The development of nuclear energy has been scrapped in favour of other means of renewable energy, Yeo added.
    “Malaysia does not need a nuclear plant at this moment. I think we have a lot of potential in renewable energy, for example, solar energy, biomass, biogas, hydro... these are just some examples of the renewable energy.
    “Building a nuclear power plant is like running a marathon. If we can do our solar well, if we can do our biomass, biogas, hydro and mini-hydro well, we can easily build up our renewable energy capacity to meet the demands of this country.”
    Energy, Green Technology, Science, Climate Change and Environment Minister Yeo Bee Yin

I would have preferred it had she mentioned wind energy, but this shows an attitude in good alignment with Lynas.
    The review team was totally expected (not just by me) and will lend its findings legitimacy in the public eye that they wouldn't otherwise have. Obviously the rancor of the past is a bit concerning, but neither has been caught blasting away at Lynas since the election; hopefully calm prevails. Glad to see this done before the quarterly reports.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.