LYC 1.35% $5.83 lynas rare earths limited

Wong Tack, Fuziah to lead gov't committee on Lynas review - minister, page-30

1. 3,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    The new government has to balance between 2 things: #1, that they are impartial and incorruptible unlike the previous goverment (hence the need to show that they have done due diligence on environmental matters, hence establishment of the review). #2, they need to give assurance to foreign investors that Malaysia is still an investable country, i.e. you do not change policy from time to time at your whim. Malaysia debt has skyrocketed to 1 trillion, and $100Billion has since left the country (from what I've heard) after the election. The last thing that Malaysia needs is another big front page news "Malaysia shuts down foreign company operations because of personal vendetta against Lynas". By putting only Wong Tack and Fuziah as review committee, without adding any other impartial technical expertise, the review will be seen as lopsided. That is not the image the new govt wants to get. Yeo needs good councils as she herself admits she doesn't have the expertise. She's a chemical engineer who have worked for Schlumberger and oil and gas is not environmentally friendly. So, it will be a while that they have to discuss how to frame the review properly to achieve a right balance of views.

http://m.thesundaily.my/node/561273

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.83
Change
-0.080(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $5.449B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.89 $6.04 $5.83 $18.89M 3.204M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 17984 $5.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.87 3952 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.