LYC 1.35% $5.83 lynas rare earths limited

Agree LF, perhaps this is a good thing. Yeo Bee Yin is the...

1. 1,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1928
    Agree LF, perhaps this is a good thing.  Yeo Bee Yin is the Environmental Minister which oversees and promotes "Energy, Green Technology, Science, Climate Change"... We all know the environmental excellence, the conditions that Lynas was issued the operating licenses and how Malaysia has kept a pretty good eye on what is going on in Kuantan.

Now, imagine this, the Minister of Energy, Green Technology, Science, Climate Change decides that Lynas is unsafe due to political reasons...

Fact is, Lynas is the poster child or all of these technologies. Lynas is producing more materials to benefits the environment directly than practically anyone. It would be counter productive to kill the very industry that has a significant part in saving the world...

In short, the international environmental would look at Malaysia with great curiosity and wonder why they are discouraging green technology and possibly foreign investment... Not good optics for a nation dedicated to nurturing international (and green) investment...

Lastly and the thing I like best is the joker...

Lynas has been the brunt of political opposition and it seems that the cards always come up short. We (shareholders) have been through many challenges and to most the latest is just one more. It is however, time for Lynas to catch a break, here is my vision...

Things can change quickly and it would appear that the new Trump tariffs will be escalated to $500b on Chinese goods sometime this week...

Without being political, it is easy to see that China has yet to respond with their biggest hole card and restrict RE sales to the US.   Many recent articles point this out and it would appear that the trade war is on. I have no idea what affect this would have on the share price (probably positive) but international attention can only highlight the critical need for these "Green Technology, Science, Climate Changing" elements...

I'm not saying that the above scenario will happen but, hey, it's about time the long term holders, Amanda, and the entire staff at Lynas catch a break, funny things can happen...  JMHO...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.83
Change
-0.080(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $5.449B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.89 $6.04 $5.83 $18.89M 3.204M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 17984 $5.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.87 3952 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.