@Bananabender1 You won't change anyone's prejudice on this. It...

1. 17,945 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @Bananabender1 You won't change anyone's prejudice on this. It is too deeply ingrained, even in myself, I suspect - I am glad, I am straight and so are my children, but I have gay friends, who are the best of friends, one deeply wounded by the way his family, parents etc. treated him, but soldiering on, trying to be the link between warring brothers; the other happily gay, but mostly abstinent and finding fulfilment in the arts and volunteering for various organisations - they are both worthy and contributing citizens. I have also observed a small girl growing up (along with my children), who, even when she was 3 years old, you could say, she was very boyish, she has grown into a confident young 'man' dresses as a man, has a female partner and holds down a responsible job.

We have quite recently found out a lot more about: what makes men closer to femininity on that mix of hormones etc. which babies are exposed to before and during birth. Seemingly (that's the latest scientific theory) the mother tends to build up resistance to the male hormones when carrying a male child, often after a number of male births, the resistance will be such, the latest baby boy doesn't get enough to make it fully masculine. Don't know how this accounts for lesbianism, always thought it was a rejection of rough male ways by some women, which when looking at the numbers of awkward, selfish and violent 'lovers' out there, it is surprising there aren't more lesbians about.
    Generally these deviations from the norm account for no more than 5% of the population.
    . . . and with the world's population figures at almost disaster level for a single species, it's a good thing that some of us do not reproduce.
    P.S. I have also found that men who are fully confident in their masculinity have an easy-going attitude towards homosexuality.
    Take care
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.