@Baby Doc @Bananabender1 - exactly - Last week I watched a...

1. 17,988 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    @Baby Doc @Bananabender1 - exactly - Last week I watched a Netflix movie called 'Supersex' - and whilst it is not for everyone, I have to come 'out' and say that I am an old lady, and i found it mostly quite moving, as it had the life history of an actual Italian sex star - Rocco Siffredi - who came from a poverty-ridden background in a small coastal village in Italy. There was a lot about his poor childhood, marvellous shots of a gang of village boys, being naughty etc. and mostly out in the streets of the village - hints of gang warfare etc.

Men, in Italy (or probably Southern Europe generally), kiss one another, if they are friends or family members - so there was that kind of intimacy - there was even a small cameo of an aging gay man who liked to dress as a woman and the macho star becoming friends, which was so well and sensitively done, it deserves an Oscar - IMO! But the movie will never get recognised in this fashion, because there is too much sex, all beautifully choreographed, with lots of beautiful women and this one star who is very macho but also very handsome - might upset other males - and lots of rough language, which doesn't sound so bad in Italian - and I now know what 'cazzo' means, and realise why our Italian neighbours giggled when I called our cat which i had named 'Katzi' (German for little cat).
    I can't tell my children I watched this, but I am glad I did, as I am a bit of a hobby writer and it did give me some insights into the male psyche, which I never had and which could have been useful when I was younger. The women in this, apart from the main characters (with the exception of The Mother, The Unachievable Girlfriend who married and left his best friend and the Pianist etc.the Hungarian) were less believable, but boy! did the men pack some emotional punch and they kissed one another on occasion without being gay.

Lesson: the more we cut ourselves off from sex, the more unreal, frigid - and genuinely loveless life becomes - and I mean the simple 'creature' love of being close to someone and not necessarily the copulatory sort.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.