Wood Heaters, page-5

1. 10,702 Posts.
    Neither can I.

For my part I only burn wood from my own 5 acres that comes from looking after the place. Branches are forever falling off the gum trees and the odd tree has to be felled when they get dangerous. The deciduous trees yield very little for heating the house but they look good, supply food, feed the soil and will fight fire in the future.

The choices are to leave it where it is as a fire hazard while the carbon returns to the atmosphere over time, burn it safely in piles or burn it in a wood heater. The last option has to be the favourite because it's the most efficient of the three and also harnesses the heat for the house.

The groupies would have you believe we should get that heat by digging up and burning brown coal hundreds of km's away, converting it to electricity from steam, transmitting that energy all that way and then converting what makes it, back into heat in the home.
    Of course the comparison is ludicrous but they just don't understand that wood heaters are a form of renewable energy and coal is not.

Back to topic. Has anyone any thoughts on the best wood heaters?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.