woods rules out returning to iraq, page-24

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    re: gyro: woods rules out returning to ira gyro, there were two things I was looking for confirmation from Wood regarding the Mufti's claims. One was that Wood had been held outside Baghdad and had been moved back in preparation for a handover. The other was that those holding Wood were not armed, again because a handover was imminent.
    He seems to have been wrong on the first point but correct on the second point. It seems strange that the captors should be unarmed given the security situation in Baghdad and the fact that they were involved in a very dangerous game.
    I doubt that anyone would have declared publicly that the captors were unarmed unless they knew something, everybody, 100% would have assumed that they were armed.
    As yet I have not been able to find a logical reason that they were not armed at that time other than a handover was going to occur. Maybe you have another explanation.

I'm hoping the Ch 10 interview sheds more light, but I'm not confident that it is going to be as candid or probing as we would like.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.