FAR 0.00% 50.0¢ far limited

Woodside results presentation, page-66

1. 2,985 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2703
    Hi All

Someone earlier today mentioned The Chef had urged them to read between the lines of Cairn's comments on Senegal. I can't find the post, so apologies to the poster, but I did as The Chef suggested and believe he must be referring to Simon Thomson's answer to the question on whether the low price paid to COP by WPL would impose a ceiling price for the foreseeable future.

Thomson's reply is classic Yes Minister and IMO supports the theory that COP and WPL have tried to pull a swiftly. He said: "There were specific circumstances for that transaction, the way it was structured, so I can't comment any more on that."

What specific circumstances? The desire to shaft FAR and ensure WPL got the full 35% ?

That makes me highly suspicious of CNE's enthusiastic endorsement of WPL's pending entry into the JV. CNE is not pre-empting and yet clearly knows the ins and outs of the COP/WPL deal. Thomson also speaks as if WPL's entry is a fait accompli.

And why can't he comment further on a matter - the market price accorded to SNE resource - that is material to his own company's value?

This whole business has a distinct whiff of collusion about it. Yes, I'm a conspiracy theorist and could well be barking up the wrong tree - again - but it seems to me FAR's 'partners' are playing dirty pool. Phillip has talked of bastardry afoot: Is this transcript the smoking gun?

Phillip?

OOO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $46.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 50.0¢ 50.0¢ $2.305K 4.609K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17688 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 88712 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.