WDS 3.92% $24.02 woodside energy group ltd

patience... patience...WDS just went ex-dividend, so there is no...

1. 7,396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    patience... patience...

WDS just went ex-dividend, so there is no 'dividend bounce' for another 6 months, and worse still, without a near term dividend, its easier to short (as shorter doesn't have to pay the dividend).

Happy with my first position around $25 or $26 (pre-dividend) can't remember exact price, but will wait and have patience.

No need to dollar average downwards too quickly on narrow buy bands, spread those bands out a bit, to reduce risk.

The 'good news', as I mentioned at the start of this thread, or on one of the earlier threads, WDS valuation starts to stack up in the low-mid $20's,

Well we are here now.

As we well know with Mr Market, Mr Market can trade both significantly above and below intrinsic value. So there is nothing stopping Mr Market from having one of his depressive psychotic fits, and dumping the share price into the teens.

The good news is that over the long term the market is a weighing machine, not a voting machine.

Even if the share price dumps into the teens, on current information, in my opinion valuation vs share price is starting to stack up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$24.02
Change
-0.980(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $45.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$25.01 $25.01 $24.02 $199.2M 8.143M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 3390 $24.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$24.03 400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.