WDS 0.40% $27.28 woodside energy group ltd

Yes, that is the structure. It isn't cheap but makes sense for...

1. 1,407 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 848
    Yes, that is the structure. It isn't cheap but makes sense for me, the insight it gives me is far superior to what I can pick up with my local broker. The depth and flow windows allow me to gauge demand and momentum better than something like yahoo finance or investing dot com which assists with entry and exit pricing on trades. I would say for me, that in itself pays for the product but it really took some sitting down and calculating how many purchases and sales I do per year, as well as the volume to work out if it was worth it for me.

I would not be entering for shorter term trades like I have with Woodside today if it were not for the product - it gives me a level of market vision I just cannot pick up from a webpage based static chart.

Which makes me think, I could have come in slightly lower today, but my eye is on the exit price for WDS and not so much based on entry, considering BP is pausing shipments through parts of the middle east because of unprovoked terrorist attacks against shipments through the Red Sea.

I have set my exit target at 36.40 on this with revisions based on news flow out of the ME Conflict. I suspect Iran will potentially move Hesbullah into the mix at some point, with their clear intent to surround Israel, and Saudi Arabia with Iran-friendly proxies that can suppress US allies in the region. In response, the US has said it is forming a joint international effort to repel Houthi attacks. This move would put the ball back into the court of Iran, to decide if it wants to up the sea based front, or open a new front to the north of Israel with Hesbollah.

One thing is for sure, the cogs for reduced short term movement of goods and oil through the red sea is not negative for the Woodside share price. I had considered Santos also, but the chart was more entry friendly for WDS than Santos, which was sitting near 5 year highs and WDS sitting at the pit of a dip on historical 2019 resistance levels.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.28
Change
0.110(0.40%)
Mkt cap ! $51.79B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.16 $27.43 $27.08 $103.0M 3.752M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200 $27.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.29 183 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$27.26
  Change
0.110 ( 0.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
$27.15 $27.43 $27.09 959566
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.