WDS 0.21% $28.25 woodside energy group ltd

trading observation; investments based on Sky News headlines can...

1. 781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    trading observation; investments based on Sky News headlines can be very unprofitable. I'd trade bt 27-32 pre-Glut, was easy and stable. STO ORG got hammered early on, WPL fared well, but got sold right down into Russia's militray build up before Ukie invasion. The media played it down to the extent that one day there was a suprise headline, "tanks outside Kiev" (thanks legacy media). I bought in at 17 and got out at 22. In at 19 and out at 26. I then missed a whole bag. "let your winners run" they said. Ukie had a bigger effect than the Glut in terms of price range. If you had a crystal ball going forward you'd look at inflation, supply, demand, competition, OPEC+, ME chess board (yep that includes what we can get away with in Palestinian territories), politics OVER the ceo re SP. CEO is window dressing, corporate politics. Need to be a Substantial Holder to attack the board's reputation sucessfully. in national politics, you need to be cashed up and a donor. I do enjoy the Corporate Activists contributions though. Your'e opinion is as representational as your 1000 shares held. Trade it, make money. and a bit of compassion and justice is relevant for the losers and the dispossessed.
    Last edited by roulette: 10/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.25
Change
-0.060(0.21%)
Mkt cap ! $53.63B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.06 $28.26 $28.01 $110.8M 3.932M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2508 $28.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.25 13265 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.