Obviously a collection of the sort I rail against in the lead up...

1. 2,514 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Obviously a collection of the sort I rail against in the lead up to ANZAC Day every year. It typifys the attitude of so many and it sucks. Like confected outrage over the sale of some biscuits...

Seriously - Australians have lost so many people, and continue to do so at a rate that staggers my mind. That they can be so blase about the horrors of war and the effects of military service is horrific to me.

The miscommunication from idiots who want to point out that they managed to read a wiki article, and "discovered" that it was a monumental loss, and driven by maddening Empire-proud leaders, as if THEY are the absolute FIRST to have read that. Did you not think that 100 years ago, the Australians were very well aware of the enormity of that date? When every town, almost every family knew some one who died on a far away field - yet they chose to gather quietly on THAT DAY. That infamous day. That horrible day.

The arrogance of you thinking that you know better the history of the military efforts than those who sacrificed their brothers, sons and fathers? Than those who lived it?

Yes - there have been horrendous decisions made since, but I hoped that some of what ANZAC Day was about had leaked into the brains in Australians who attended Dawn services, for the future - I see here a staggering lack of understanding, and I lose hope for our country. At its core I saw a failure of adults to grasp a very simple sentance.

We will remember them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.