WOW 1.49% $32.97 woolworths group limited

Woolworths to spend $65m fixing stores, page-7

1. 5,760 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    i just wonder sometimes if the problem with Woolies is not really that bad anyway. even the WES sp is reacting badly because of an anticipated price war by Woolies. but this is I think, totally unlikely.
    the average prices on brand items surveyed by Choice at both supermarkets at the moment
    are on par.
    ok, we had about+ 3.8% same store coles (slight decline), and -1% woolies. that means we only had a combined growth of 2.8%. what that shows is that combined overall the sales are declining.
    in other words, either Aldi, IGA or Costco or all 3 are having an adverse effect on our duopoly.

ok, I am an Aussie first, so if it is a refreshed Metcash/IGA then I can live with that.

but if it is those bloody germans again who seem to be suspiciously on side with the Choice reviewers, then all I can say to that is- cast your mind back to the VW/AUDI deception.
    i have no idea if the head honcho of Choice is German or even speaks their language fluently, so please treat this as just my opinionated opinion.

cheers crazypunter

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.