MAY 5.56% 3.8¢ melbana energy limited

Wooo Hoooo Go MAY :)$$$$$$$, page-1749

1. 7,896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1029
    Very little discussion on any threads as to how to cure mud spurt. Having now read and re-read the announcement many times, it seems to me that it was a drilling mud issue. Mix was enough to overcome the A1 issues, but has resulted in mud spurt which has effectively clogged the formation. Perhaps using a perforated liner instead of a slotted one would have been a good start too. Whilst formation damage can be difficult to clean up (ref: Geofluids article on formation damage; you can Google that one yourselves), fracturing fluid can have some success (hence the need for the company to conduct some further research before giving this a crack). Alternatively, if the updated logs show formation damage is extensive around the well, sidetracking from just above the shoe (at the top of Marti) is a very viable alternative (which is why they would also opt to isolate and test Alameda 3210 and 3310 areas in DST3 and 4 prior to making that decision). In the sidetrack completion I think they would opt for the perforated liner, and change the mud mix. They, like us, are learning.

As I said, very little discussion on these threads (which are now akin to a massive ego-boosting exercise for one or two serial pests).

Keeping reading rather than posting. And then waiting for the company to decide. Not going to enter the circle-jerk contest that seems to be taking place on the various MAY threads.

Regards to all.
    Kit

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.