MAY 2.22% 4.6¢ melbana energy limited

Very little discussion on any threads as to how to cure mud...

1. 7,572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 845
    Very little discussion on any threads as to how to cure mud spurt. Having now read and re-read the announcement many times, it seems to me that it was a drilling mud issue. Mix was enough to overcome the A1 issues, but has resulted in mud spurt which has effectively clogged the formation. Perhaps using a perforated liner instead of a slotted one would have been a good start too. Whilst formation damage can be difficult to clean up (ref: Geofluids article on formation damage; you can Google that one yourselves), fracturing fluid can have some success (hence the need for the company to conduct some further research before giving this a crack). Alternatively, if the updated logs show formation damage is extensive around the well, sidetracking from just above the shoe (at the top of Marti) is a very viable alternative (which is why they would also opt to isolate and test Alameda 3210 and 3310 areas in DST3 and 4 prior to making that decision). In the sidetrack completion I think they would opt for the perforated liner, and change the mud mix. They, like us, are learning.

As I said, very little discussion on these threads (which are now akin to a massive ego-boosting exercise for one or two serial pests).

Keeping reading rather than posting. And then waiting for the company to decide. Not going to enter the circle-jerk contest that seems to be taking place on the various MAY threads.

Regards to all.
    Kit

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $151.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.7¢ 4.4¢ $407.2K 8.938M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 132065 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 687880 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.46pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.