BPH 0.00% 1.3¢ bph energy ltd

The first part about the 3D seismic is false and misleading. If...

1. 9,763 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3276
    The first part about the 3D seismic is false and misleading. If the NOPTA application is approved, the requirement to undertake 3D seismic will be removed from the works program (at Advent's request, which NOPTA supports) and Y5 will then consist of post well studies in lieu. It is a common mistruth regularly repeated by opponents of PEP11 and politicians. It is false.

In relation to new laws, extremely impractical without preventing gas exploration in ALL Commonwealth waters. A new law specific to Commonwealth waters but only those off NSW would require the Government to compensate Advent IMO. Titleholders have rights.

In relation to why MK put PEP11 under that heading, only MK can say for sure. Further to that, I am not totally satisfied that MK is the decision maker, we may get some clarity on that fairly soon. No doubt many politicians lobby her, we have seen that Zali Steggall and Sophie Scamps have done so, no doubt Gordon Reid, Meryl Swanson, Pat Conroy, and Emma McBride do too. MK is no doubt acutely aware of the embarrassment approving PEP11 will cause the PM so I am sure he lobbied her too. But, at the end of the day, there are rules and laws that are in place and if the ALP deviate from those, then we are going back to court.

Timing, no idea to be frank. This month, no. Next month, no. How long after the NSW legislation is determined, who knows. JMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.