BPH 10.0% 1.8¢ bph energy ltd

Wooooo Hooooo Go BPH :)$$$$$$, page-22606

1. 1,652 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    One LAST copy and paste.

Senate Hansard - 20/03/2024

Oil and Gas Exploration
    Senator McDONALD (Queensland) (14:37): My question is to the Minister representing the Minister for
    Resources, Senator Farrell. Today's Gas statement of opportunities release confirms that the government has not
    52 SENATE Wednesday, 20 March 2024
    CHAMBER
    averted the looming supply shortfalls for 2026, and the Gippsland Basin gas wells are rapidly decreasing. Has the
    government released any new offshore exploration permits since Minister King's press release on 24 August 2022?
    Senator FARRELL (South Australia—Minister for Trade and Tourism, Special Minister of State and Deputy
    Leader of the Government in the Senate) (14:38): I thank Senator McDonald for her question. The fundamental
    issue that you raise, of course, is the reliability of gas supplies, particularly as they relate to the east coast of
    Australia. Of course, what happened was that, when we came to government almost two years ago, we discovered
    that the inaction of the former government over those previous 10 years had left Australia vulnerable to a shortage
    of available gas. Of course, what we immediately started to do, particularly under Minister Madeleine King, was to
    set about to ensure that we had a continued reliable supply of gas.
    The PRESIDENT: Senator McDonald?
    Senator McDonald: Relevance—please draw the minister back to the specific question about new offshore
    petroleum exploration permits since 2022.
    The PRESIDENT: You did talk about the Gippsland and other pieces of information in your question. I will
    continue to listen to the minister, but I do believe he's being relevant. Minister Farrell.
    Senator FARRELL: The reality is that we were left in the worst of possible positions as a result of the inaction
    of the former government in dealing with the shortage of supply. Unlike the Greens, who'd like to switch off gas
    today and leave us with a shortfall, this government is determined that gas will be part of the transition to a renewable
    future. There's no minister in this government that understands that better than Minister King, and she is working
    to ensure— (Time expired)
    The PRESIDENT: Senator McDonald, first supplementary?
    Senator McDONALD (Queensland) (14:40): We saw earlier this month that Seeley International would be
    axing 125 Australian jobs, after Sorbent also cut 70 jobs in Victoria, thanks to oppressive Labor antigas policies
    and the resulting instability of gas supply. Will you apologise to those workers, who have lost their jobs because of
    your mismanaged gas policies?
    Senator FARRELL (South Australia—Minister for Trade and Tourism, Special Minister of State and Deputy
    Leader of the Government in the Senate) (14:41): I thank Senator McDonald for her first supplementary question.
    It's a sad day when any worker loses their job, and I've had plenty of examples over a great number of years in the
    union movement of having to deal with people who lose their jobs. There's no worse experience than losing your
    job. But these circumstances that you're talking about, Senator McDonald, did not occur overnight. Perhaps you
    didn't hear my answer to your first question, but it was the inaction of the former government in this space that's left
    us in this situation, and it's a— (Time expired)
    The PRESIDENT: Senator McDonald, second supplementary?
    Senator McDONALD (Queensland) (14:42): Will the Albanese government change policies to bring in more
    domestic gas production so that no more Australian jobs will be lost because of gas shortfalls?
    Leader of the Government in the Senate) (14:42): I don't accept the fundamental proposition of that question. We
    understand—this government understands—and Minister Madeleine King understands better than anyone just how
    important the reliability of gas is going to be in the transition to net zero. That's why we've had to implement so
    many policies to make up for the inaction of the former government. And, let me tell you, Senator McDonald, in
    Madeleine King we have a safe pair of hands. She understands the issues, she understands why it's so important to
    make that transition and she is going to be delivering for Australians

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
-0.002(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $21.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $26.24K 1.452M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 9337570 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 1087625 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.