BPH 0.00% 1.8¢ bph energy ltd

@Bravo77 Beat you to one :D Robertson Federal Labor candidate...

1. 335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    @Bravo77 Beat you to one

Robertson Federal Labor candidate announced as Dr Gordon Reid

A local doctor who has been working in emergency at Wyong Hospital during the pandemic has decided to run as the Federal Labor candidate for Robertson. Meet Dr Gordon Reid.

A Central Coast emergency department doctor has become the next Labor candidate for Robertson.

Gordon Reid, who has spent the last five years at Wyong, Woy Woy and Gosford Hospitals, has been officially announced to stand for Labor at the next Federal Election against federal Liberal MP Lucy Wicks.

“As a local here on the Coast, I understand what’s important to our community,” Dr Reid said.

“And I know first-hand that the Central Coast wants someone to represent them and to let their voices be heard in the federal parliament.”

Dr Reid, a Wiradjuri man who attended Umina Beach Public School and Central Coast Grammar School, said he was keen to advocate for the health needs of local residents by supporting increased access and affordability for primary care and GP services.

“We also need to be working with our small business community,” he said.

“The small businesses are the backbone of the Central Coast economy. And they need to be heard and they need support. They need the support that they deserve. Finally, of great importance to our local community is our local environment, our beautiful coastline, our beautiful beaches. They must be protected. I feel strongly that we need to stand together from current threats such as offshore drilling projects like PEP 11. We need to be moving forward with our actions to protect our environment and to combat climate change.”

He said his role as a doctor and expertise in the health system had inspired him to run.

“Access to general practitioners is of particular importance to me,” he said. “Working in the emergency department, I had a shift just prior to this latest lockdown and there were almost 100 people in that department. A significant proportion of them that were there because they either couldn’t get in to see their GP or they couldn’t afford to see their GP because they’re no longer bulk billing.”

He said Ms Wicks had, in some cases, “forgotten and left the Central Coast behind”.

“The Government, along with Lucy Wicks, continues to advocate for change but they’re only delivering excuses,” he said.

Australian Labor Party leader Anthony Albanese announced Dr Reid as the candidate. Picture: Jeremy Piper

Australian Labor Party leader Anthony Albanese was on the coast today in support of Dr Reid who he described as an “outstanding candidate”.

“Gordon, during this period, has been absolutely critical working in emergency at Wyong Hospital,” he said.

Ms Wicks has held the Robertson seat since 2013. During the 2019 election she increased her margin to 4.3 per cent when the Labor candidate was Anne Charlton.
    “During Covid, we once again have been reliant upon our health professionals. And none have done more than our doctors, our nurses, our people who work in our healthcare system. “It’s one of the things that has led Gordon Reid to make the decision to put himself forward as a young doctor, a young doctor of indigenous heritage, to stand for Australian Labor at the election. And I’m very confident that we can win this electorate.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $76.88K 4.087M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 2017498 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 281843 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.