BPH 0.00% 2.2¢ bph energy ltd

Senate Question Time today Regarding the gas SAFETY BILL: The...

1. 1,317 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181
    Senate Question Time today Regarding the gas SAFETY BILL: The government PULLED the Bill from going onto the Senate today. Seems they may have internal issues with Plibersek!:::

Senator McDONALD (Queensland) (14:56): My question is to the Minister representing the Minister for
    Resources, Senator Farrell. Last week's Gas statement of opportunities highlighted an imminent risk of gas
    shortfalls. Labor today voted against bringing its own legislation to the Senate despite having bipartisan support for
    it from the coalition. You've thrown the offshore gas industry into uncertainty and caused further delay by blocking
    your own legislation, despite claiming that this bill was urgent and desperately needed. What deal have you done
    with the Greens for their votes?

Senator FARRELL (South Australia—Minister for Trade and Tourism, Special Minister of State and Deputy
    Leader of the Government in the Senate) (14:57): I thank the senator for her question. None

Senator McDONALD (Queensland) (14:58): It was revealed on Monday and today that the government threw
    away bipartisan support for gas regulation changes and bowed to pressure to secure Green votes by giving the
    environment minister another EPBC trigger. Labor is clearly divided. Which factual powerbrokers in Labor
    supported the environment minister to overrule the resources minister?

Senator FARRELL (South Australia—Minister for Trade and Tourism, Special Minister of State and Deputy
    Leader of the Government in the Senate) (14:58): I thank the senator for her question. I'm not sure how to answer
    that question, because there's nothing in your question that remotely resembles the truth or remotely resembles what
    has been happening in this place. It's the combination of the Greens and the coalition which is stopping progress on
    all of these things. Can I say this about Minister Madeleine King—
    Government senators: A fine minister.
    Senator FARRELL: A very fine minister. But, more importantly, resources and especially gas are in very safe
    hands. From the time that your former government— (Time expired)
    The PRESIDENT: Senator McDonald, second supplementary.
    Senator McDONALD (Queensland) (14:59): The West Australian wrote, 'Thanks to the Labor Environment
    Action Network complaining to Minister Plibersek and the Prime Minister, Minister King was embarrassingly
    forced to change her own legislation.' It is clear that Minister King has been sidelined and the lean Green alliance
    is now actually responsible for Labor's resources policy. When will you give up the charade and promote Mr Bandt
    to cabinet?
    Leader of the Government in the Senate) (15:00): Again, there's nothing in your question that resembles reality or
    the truth of the situation. I can only repeat what I said in my previous answer, that we have one of the finest resources
    ministers that this country has ever had.
    Can I say this about gas, when was the first report that we had gas shortages? It was the year Tony Abbott became
    the prime minister. And what has happened? What happened in those nine years? You did absolutely nothing about
    securing gas supplies in this country.
    We are doing something about that. We will do something about it and there is no better person to do it than
    Madeleine King

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.24M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 96181 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 3000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.27pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.