BPH 5.56% 1.9¢ bph energy ltd

MK in Question Time today:Mr BANDT (Melbourne—Leader of the...

1. 1,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    MK in Question Time today:

Mr BANDT (Melbourne—Leader of the Australian Greens) (14:33): My question is to the Minister for
    Resources. A few months after being appointed resources minister, the minister said on ABC Perth radio that carbon
    dioxide was not noxious:
    It's the bubbles in your soda water or out of your SodaStream. So, we've got to keep it in balance, how we think about carbon
    dioxide …
    Is this reckless, dangerous view the reason the minister is so intent on opening up massive new climate-destroying
    gas projects, even if it derails the rest of the government's legislative agenda?
    Honourable members interjecting—
    The SPEAKER: Order! Members on my right and members on my left will cease interjecting.
    Ms MADELEINE KING (Brand—Minister for Resources and Minister for Northern Australia) (14:34): No,
    it's science.
    Ms Swanson interjecting—
    The SPEAKER: The member for Paterson is warned.
    Ms MADELEINE KING: Carbon dioxide in low amounts, which is what's in SodaStream and in soft drinks—
    Ms Catherine King: It's a very popular product.
    Ms MADELEINE KING: it's very popular—isn't noxious. It absolutely is not. Of course, dangerous amounts
    of carbon dioxide through our climate is dangerous. I'm not a climate denier. There are people in this building that
    might be, and I think there are fewer and fewer every year. It is not noxious in the small amounts to which I referred
    to in that interview.
    Dangerous amounts of carbon dioxide cause global warming, and that is why this government has taken steps
    immediately upon becoming elected to introduce measures. We've passed many bits of legislation—the safeguards
    mechanism, the climate targets, the vehicles emission standards scheme which is going through the parliament right
    now.

I would remind the leader of the Greens political party exactly what his party has done in the past. It was the
    Greens political party that came into this parliament and voted against the CPRS many years ago.
    Mr Bandt: You're opening gas projects!
    Ms MADELEINE KING: You might laugh, the member for Melbourne. He should go right ahead, through
    you, Mr Speaker. The record is here, in Hansard. History has been set, and you helped set it. You put back this
    country's battle to fight climate change by decades. So, I say to the leader of the Greens political party, you get
    exactly what you deserve. Your party has made this happen all on your very own for your very own political
    purposes.
    Mr Bandt interjecting—
    Ms MADELEINE KING: I must object to the member for Melbourne continuing to laugh at what is a very
    serious topic. This government is taking action. From the moment we got elected as the party of government—not
    a party of protest, like the Greens political party—to take action to address dangerous climate change. The leader
    of the Greens political party comes in here—
    Mr Bandt interjecting—
    The SPEAKER: The member for Melbourne is warned.
    Ms MADELEINE KING: and has a little chitchat about soda streams and bubbles that might be in Coca-Cola
    and other soft drinks as if those are the same thing has dangerous climate change caused by carbon dioxide. Through
    you, Mr Speaker, the Greens political party and its leader have gone too far. You're ridiculous, and you should just
    stop it.
    Honourable members interjecting— BOTH SIDE OF THE HOUSE CLAPPING!!!!!
    The SPEAKER: Order! Members on my right will cease interjecting.

BOTH SIDE OF THE HOUSE CLAPPING!!!!!
    Last edited by Apolloz: 27/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $21.80M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $103.8K 5.733M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2691197 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 1270805 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.