BPH 0.00% 2.0¢ bph energy ltd

Wooooo Hooooo Go BPH :)$$$$$$, page-2541

1. 9,787 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2386

Communities along our coastline have overwhelmingly voiced their opposition to PEP-11. This is a project without friends.

Member for Newcastle, Sharon Claydon (pictured).

The government's ongoing delay and indecision have driven individual members of parliament, myself included, to lead debates, put Private Members Motions, and voice our concerns on the floor of Parliament many, many times.

The latest push will be in the form of a Private Members Bill when the Australian Parliament resumes on October 18.

I was very pleased to second this bill, to ensure that it will be presented to Parliament, but I expect the Morrison government has zero intention of allowing members to actually vote on this bill.

As the government of the day, the Liberal National Party controls the legislative agenda, and, as such, determines whether they want to throw their support behind a Private Members Bill like this one.

It's a historical fact that less than 2 per cent of Private Members Bills are successfully passed in the Australian Parliament.

If the Morrison government permitted a vote on this bill, would they grant the Liberal Party MPs whose electorates strongly oppose PEP-11 a "free vote"?

More importantly, if granted the opportunity, will those MPs who have come out against the permit themselves, be prepared to cross the floor to exercise their "free vote"?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $22.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $48.58K 2.430M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 702455 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 1752784 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.