BPH 5.56% 1.9¢ bph energy ltd

Wooooo Hooooo Go BPH :)$$$$$$, page-2615

1. 9,763 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2375
    And the plot thickens $$$$$$$

Pressure is mounting on Sydney-based federal Liberal MPs to support a bill that could kill off a proposed offshore gas exploration project between Sydney and Newcastle. Wentworth MP Dave Sharma and MacKellar MP Jason Falinski have previously spoken out against an application by Asset Energy to renew its licence for Petroleum Exploration Permit 11 (PEP-11). The MPs join Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who has also said he does not support the project. Mr Sharma and Mr Falinski's support is needed to allow debate on the Stopping PEP-11 Bill, which was introduced to the Parliament by independent Warringah MP Zali Steggall.Shortland MP Pat Conroy will second Ms Steggall's attempt to suspend standing orders to allow the bill to be debated on Thursday. Mr Conroy challenged the Sydney MPs to support the bill's passage. "This vote is the test of whether Mr Morrison and his Liberal MPs are really opposed to PEP-11," he said."If they want to stop offshore drilling all they have to do is vote for the suspension and the bill. If they don't, they are utter hypocrites who are effectively supporting oil and gas drilling rigs right off our coast."Ms Steggall said she was hopeful the government would allow the debate. "If the government does not allow the bill to be debated, it shows that despite the Prime Minister's assurances about being against the project, his minister and government do not intend to kill off PEP-11," she said. "Suspending standing orders means the usual business is set aside to give this issue priority. Without government support, an absolute majority of the House of Representatives is needed." "Regardless of the outcome tomorrow, the Bill remains alive and I will continue to press for this issue to be resolved. This is just one more step towards stopping PEP-11."A spokesman for Mr Falinski said while the bill "had merit", he was still "weighing up" his position. Mr Sharma said there were 161 other bills currently before Parliament. While the Stopping PEP-11 Bill had been introduced, it was not scheduled for debate."If and when it comes to the floor for a vote, I will consider my position, but in the meantime, I'm focused on the practicality of stopping PEP-11, which means advocating with the government directly."Save Our Coast director Peter Morris also urged government MPs to back up their words with actions. "(Robertson MP) Lucy Wicks, Dave Sharma and Jason Falinski have said they oppose drilling for gas in our beautiful coastal waters, so now's the time for them to back it up with action." "Failing to cross the floor to allow debate would place zero value on the wishes of their communities. It would fail to reach a solution that is within these three MPs' reach."

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3709/3709894-d248ee2ed50ef4dd1b486334c51df368.jpg
    Last edited by GODS BROKER: 21/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $21.80M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $103.8K 5.733M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2691197 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 1270805 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.