BPH 0.00% 1.3¢ bph energy ltd

Stickshift,True maybe no polly will.But a decision needs to be...

1. 5,632 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4249
    Stickshift,

True maybe no polly will.

But a decision needs to be made.

The problem is the federal court quashed the initial decline 1.5 years ago.

If a decline, the biggest issue in a court will be explaining why it took so long, esp considering nopta made a recommendation last year.

If nopta said yes, and a massive delay afterwards, that might be viewed as procedurally unfair.

It may fall that way because the ja is approving others and not pep11.

The question flowing then, what was the difference between others that got timely treatment and pep11 not.

If no reason, it could be argued it was due to bias.

So we have procedural unfairness and bias.

As federal laws are the same Australia wide, if all are approved in other federal waters, and not federal waters of nsw.

A second bias challenge arises to the above.

Generally the smarts in life, if we need to make a negative decision, the quicker we make it, the less challenges to it.

The government may think they are smart, but as I point out, there are two potential bias points and one procedural unfairness point in handling of the application.

And the stinger, if between now and the election, gas really gets in tight supply and the price rises farther.

I bet the nats, liberal, energy council will run a dirty campaign on labour that I'd assume will not go to well.

Remember Albo promised to address cost of living, and handing out a few rebates deals with end result, the bills, but it does not deal with cause, the supply.

Already critical manufacturers need gas are closing and it is early in the cycle.

Imagine it when otway basin in in 3 years ceases pumping gas.

More gas is used outside power generation, meaning no supply will effect manufacturing in every corner.

Yes we may move to renewables at some point, but that is for power.

Certain manufacturing industries need gas. Plastics, fertalizers, glass, urea, hydrogen, blast furnaces to name a few.

Other countries looking at our energy policy and the way we starve business must be shaking there heads.

We really are a stuppid nation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.