BPH 5.26% 2.0¢ bph energy ltd

Wooooo Hooooo Go BPH :)$$$$$$, page-27581

1. 1,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    more MK:

We need gas – not just to keep the lights on – but to achieve our net zero goals.

The same situation applies to our major export partners.

Our partners will continue to need reliable supplies of gas to support their industries and to support their own clean-energy transitions

This strategy will ensure our national discussion on gas can be guided by concrete evidence and the latest data. Ultimately, it makes clear that while its role will change as we bring down emissions, Australian gas will continue to support our economy and our industries and will help us win the new global competition for jobs and opportunities..................................

Exploration permits

As the Strategy makes clear, securing future supply of gas is important. Exploration is the lifeblood of our resources sector and we know it will continue to be needed into the future.

But we also need to turn our attention to the gas reserves that we already know about.

Here on the West Coast of Australia, AEMO and the ACCC have forecasted gas supply shortfalls by the end of the decade.

One way to help address this challenge is the timely development of already discovered resources.

The Future Gas Strategy makes reference to the work we will also do to tighten up retention lease policies.

As everybody in this room is keenly aware, ensuring the domestic market remains well supplied is integral to the social licence of this industry.

So I look forward to working with the industry, and with my colleagues in the Western Australian Government, to make sure those gas resources are developed and brought to market expeditiously.

Offshore approvals

Just briefly, the Government has also committed $12 million to review the environmental management regime for offshore petroleum and greenhouse gas storage activities.

I want the offshore regulatory regime to remain fit for-purpose for a decarbonising economy.

The review includes a focus on clarifying the consultation requirements for offshore approvals.

The legislation to implement outcomes of the review did not pass the Senate last week as we prioritised worker safety provisions and ensuring certainty of the Petroleum Resource Rent Tax reforms.

I know there is some disappointment in this room about that but I want to be very clear: my disappointment is not for the industry but the community that will remain subject to inadequate and inappropriate consultation requirements, for longer.

The Greens political party and the crossbench independents and others promoted widespread misinformation in relation to the proposal that would ensure the community had the benefit of clarity and certainty in consultation.

This misinformation went entirely uncontested by just about everyone other than the Government.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.001(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $22.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $21.13K 1.106M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 7860783 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 1604343 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.9¢
  Change
0.001 ( 2.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ 806781
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.