FROM HER FACEBOOK PAGE: Sims Madlin 1 hr · Let me be loud and...

1. 7,329 Posts.
    FROM HER FACEBOOK PAGE:

Sims Madlin

1 hr ·

Let me be loud and clear.
    This contractor was approached in a civil manner by my brother who is a friend of hers and also works for the business. He got in touch with her about the damage her publicising her views could cause to friends they share who are gay. The contractors response was to verbally attack my brother and refuse to take the post down (which she is well within her human rights to do).
    As a business who works with children of all kinds, we have an obligation to those children. All of our staff members have working with vulnerable people cards.
    Now, imagine for a second we had the exact same circumstance but it was based around racism. We provide services to people of all different backgrounds and as a service provider to vulnerable people (children) it is my responsibility to ensure those children are looked after.
    Vulnerable. Vulnerable because their beautiful little minds are still growing. Vulnerable because the experienced they have and the things they are told now will shape their morals and values and those beautiful little minds sometimes for the rest of their lives.
    This contractor being let go (which by the way I am completely within my legal rights to do because there was no agreement whatsoever between us. She provided a service, sent an invoice and we paid it) was not because I oppose her views on marriage equality. She was let go because her actions showed she is extremely out & proud about her views on homosexuals and as someone who, as I said before, has an responsibility to the vulnerable people we work with, could not risk her voicing those opinions to any children of ours.
    We have gay staff members. We entertain at parties where the children of gay parents attend. We entertain at parties where gay children attend.
    This. Woman. Was. A. Risk.
    I stand by my decision to let go of this contractor and her actions since being let go have justified for me that I made the right choice in doing so.
    She left comments on the Pedestrian.tv article which ended up in her explaining that Australia was built on white Christianity and we need to respect those views. (Unwillingness to acknowledge the suffrage of indigenous Australians is a big no no and extremely twisted).
    Not only did I realise I had a homophobe but also a racist on my hands.
    Now, I've been called a skank, whore, bitch, putrid, slut. Someone even brought up my stance on refugees and said they hope by 2 year old son gets raped for it.
    My brother has received death threats and been called horrible names.
    Please, keep it coming. All the backlash from homophobes is being saved and sent through to the Senate inquiry. You're fighting for the yes debate with your cruel reactions and responses to this situation.
    The most upsetting part of this surprisingly isn't the rape wishes made against my little boy. It's actually the fact that THE WHOLE POINT OF WHAT I DID AND MY POSTING IT ONLINE WAS TO BRING ATTENTION TO THE FACT THAT HOMOPHOBIA IS WRONG AND VOTING YES IS A GREAT IDEA.

I am proud to be called a slut, skank, bitch, whore and anything else for the rest of my life if it means I somehow helped fight for the rights of the gay community.
    Freedom of speech exists and I support it 100 percent but that doesn't mean freedom of speech comes without consequence.
    To those who my actions were fighting for, if you think at any point I've messed up or said something I shouldn't please make sure that's brought to my attention. I know it f*ing sucks you have to educate straight people on your oppression and the dynamics behind it. You are loved and supported and as I have said to many of you, I will scream to the ends of the earth until we are equal. You deserve all the happiness in the world and I can't wait for all your f*ing amazing weddings
    To those who oppose gay marriage:

I can sympathise that for a lot of you, your opinions are based on the environment you were raised in. But unfortunately science wins (and love) and as a human being you are scientifically wired to adapt to your environment. So start showing some love and get on the YES train because our big old island is about to get reaaaaaaaaaal f*ing colourful.
    ❤️

LikeShow more reactions

"We entertain at parties where gay children attend."

Gay children??? WTF

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.