WDS 0.99% $27.52 woodside energy group ltd

workers are spoilt- bring on the fines!!!, page-2

1. 197 Posts.
    I am one of these so called SPOILT workers so sit back and hear my story.

I work on a roster of 4weeks on site working 10 hours a day 13 days a fortnight then i fly home to Melbourne to spend 7 days (R&R)with my wife and 2 young children.

There is also the scope in my agreement to work a 5 or 6 week stint on site with 7 days off at home,I regularly do these to line up with school holidays and kids events at school or birthdays.

For this as a qualified electrician with 26 years in the construction industry i recieve after tax $2100 for a 6 day week and $2600 for a 7 day week ,i do not get paid for my week off or the 2 days flying across the country or the 1.5 hours travelling every day.I can also be selected for drug and alcohol(i have never failed)testing and bag and body searched daily.I can also be made redundant with 8 hours notice and may have months between projects,Im not denying the money is good but when averaged out over the year is usually $110-125k.

The issue is that when leaving on R&R i must vacate my room and all my belongings into 2 small storage bags (no room for fishing rods ,bicycles and golf clubs)and on my return be given another room.No pictures/paintings of kids or anything to make the place like home.All items are stored at my own risk.My employer pays a holding fee on the room when vacant.

The vacancy rate of rooms being clamed by woodside of 25% is mathmatically impossible with most workers doing 4,5 or 6 weeks it would be more like 15%.

The accomodation is definetly not the sheraton,single bed very small room about 8 foot square,tiny bathroom and paper thin walls with an air cond that rattles its guts out all night.So it the rooms were like the sheraton i would have no problem vacating.

The food is exactly the same every day for breakfast and lunch with some really interesting ways of murdering food at dinner.

So in summary if its so good you get up here and work all day in 40+ heat in the sun all day.I bet you dont last 1 stint.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.52
Change
0.270(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $52.25B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.36 $27.59 $27.23 $347.5M 12.37M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 167313 $27.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.53 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.