Depends on who you work for. I work away a fair bit and it...

1. 217 Posts.
    Depends on who you work for. I work away a fair bit and it varies town by town.

Option 1. My employer will pay for my hotel on the cooperate credit card. If this occurs I can claim meals (breaky/lunch/dinner) plus incidentals which is about $20 per day.

Option 2. Full Travel Allowance. Each town has a going rate and my employer will pay you per night in the town. Each town is different due to accommodation etc. Out of this allowance you have to pay for your own hotel and all meals and you can't claim incidentals. If your traveling with a few other work mates this is the way to go. The firm give you about $450.00 per night in Karratha and Broome but only $250.00 for places like Bunbury and Albany because a room there for the night is bugger all when you can pay $300 per night in Karratha when your checking in last minute.

I have mate which also work away a fair bit and again there firm is different to mine.

When your away for work a fair bit the novelty wears off pretty quickly I can assure you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.