ALK 2.80% 52.0¢ alkane resources limited

Working thru the gears

1. 1,395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    Seems to me , that ALK is now starting to "work thru the gears" post the capital raise , post Xmas , and in anticipation of a number of announcements /updates !
    The "fizz in the bottle "is currently hinging on the first step out Boda drill hole ...targeted at 1200 m depth , or 450m below the discovery hole . Results due late Jan/mid Feb ...and I suspect more likely after the end of Jan. Qtly , plus the Roswell initial Resource and the revised Tomingley underground mine plan .
    Just how much "inbuilt price component " for further good/excellent next Boda results , is within the current 63c price ??? Not too much I am guessing , given the price went to around 80c on the strength of the discovery hole . Second planned step out hole , should also be underway ?
    On Roswell/ San Antonio /Elpaso ....exploration target announced 9th July was between 15.8 mill tonnes and 23.8 mill tonnes @ 1.7 to 2.2 gpt ( or 860k to 1.680 m ozs ) ....and the 4 updates since July 2019 only appear to have validated the grade and size as being right on target , or likely better . Remember further , that the last 5th Dec update ....28, 868 mtres had been drilled to date , or less than 50% of the initial planned drill programme of 60k metres . So I suspect that , when well into 2020 , we will be at the high end of the 1.68 mill oz target , or better ! Say 15 year mine life extension , @ 100 k oz per annum !
    Tomingley Underground ...well , ALK has said resource drilling from Underground as they have progressed to expose/develop the stopes , has been very positive . So I expect the revised mine plan/grade/life to be very good ....plus , where they can mine good/better grades at these gold prices , when the Plant resumes mid Feb , I expect they will ...and leave lower grade ore extracted as they progress the underground lower stockpiled ??!!
    Then there is the spin -off coming in the first half of 2020 ( probably 2nd Qtr ???) of the ASM rare earths , Will "carry "with it , an update of the new Korean JV technology ...and I reckon , with the projected gold cash flow , will allow for some component of Project development cash as well as in specie shares , so holders will not have to find capital in a capital raise for some time after ASM lists separately ??
    So I am hard pressed to find a fundamental reason , why Alkane goes south from this current low 60c price range . Sure ...poor or "average " Boda results would be met with some sell down by traders ....but the fundamentals on ALK's other attributes , and the fact that it is not a one trick pony , seems to me to more than justify a price well above that .
    Market Cap of low $300m just seems unsustainable for much longer ...with Boda results having the capacity to send the price into overdrive .
    JMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
-0.015(2.80%)
Mkt cap ! $313.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 52.8¢ 52.0¢ $122.9K 235.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12729 52.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
52.5¢ 163 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.