He changed my mind about him last night. I was pretty off him...

1. 15,677 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 427
    He changed my mind about him last night. I was pretty off him after that time waiting stunt vs Belgium but last night he proved why Wenger said he was probably going to be the next Pele.
    They now share the same record as teenage goal scores in a final.

Gotta admit I thought France played well last night. Really wanted Croatia to win but could see that from the start France went in with the right strategy...let Croatia run themselves ragged, then hit them hard when they start to tire. More intelligent and more honourable than just taking a 1 nil lead and parking the bus like they did vs Belgium.

Also gotta say Pogba has been deserved of accolades this tournament and is further proof that management skills are more important than price tags or club heritage...I can't see him performing this well again for Mourinho.

Full credit where it is due. In the same way that Usain Bolt deserves his medals, so does this French team. Sure sometimes the refs decision isn't unanimously agreed upon, but it never is. There were no outrageous calls imo. If you can't give a handball for dropping your arm and it touches the ball, then surely you also can't give a handball for if the ball makes contact microseconds earlier when exactly the same arm would be raised? We didn't argue about it in the group stage when it went against France, did we?

Memorable final. Awesome world cup.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.