Well you have made it sound less sinister :)”for some people to...

1. 11,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 676
    Well you have made it sound less sinister
    ”for some people to choose” is the key. Yes it would make sense of course.
    But I dislike the government trying to force people into things.

We all have far too much “stuff” really.

I was reading about the history of the huge, but very nice public housing estate, built in 1930 where my grandparents had a house.
    This was on the outskirts of London, built by The Great London Council.
    Before this, they and many others lived in squalid conditions in London.

This estate was called a cottage estate and was beautifully designed.The houses were based on a Georgian design, all with gardens large enough to grow vegetables and keep a few chickens. There were large green areas for the kids to play outside and schools, churches and everything which was needed including shops were incorporated into the design. But most had been paying 6-10 shillings for rent. But these homes were 15 shillings to a pound a week. The average wage for a man was 3 pounds a week so they were not cheap to rent.

When my parents got married they moved in and I and my brother were born there. Most houses although small housed 3 generations.
    Women were housewives, generally and spent a lot of time cooking. No junk food then, just a cheap cut of meat and vegetables from the garden.
    But it was a lovely place to grow up.People lived a simple life, poor, but happy.

Nowadays it is not such a nice place, since cars are parked everywhere and there is more crime. Oh well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.