I wonder what type of oil you reference ?Yes I find it hard to...

1. 10,791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 566
    I wonder what type of oil you reference ?
    Yes I find it hard to watch some of the contemporary chemical farming practices on large broad acre operations.....depending on what you're looking at....miracle stuff though.....getting good cereal crop yields year after year off the same old patch of tired dirt and no worries or thoughts very often of leaving it fallow/giving it a rest/rotational farming etc for a season or 2, depending on the climate/growing cycle, crops etc and economic imperatives, dependencies and aims and the location of the farming enterprise. Get big or get out.....economies of scale etc/Corporate/Industrial scale Farming.
    I can't imagine dousing the dirt with stuff like glyphosate and the other clever selective herbicides and bug killers can be much good for the underlying soil health and biota ?.....not forgetting the crop seed may also have been genetically modified.
    Many formerly productive, diverse and rich grazing pastures effectively destroyed in some regions with the increased focus on growing grains like canola.
    Our farming forebears would be staggered at some of the current practices, yields and outcomes I'm sure.
    A lot to be said for growing a bit of your own stuff if able, energetic, capable and driven enough. It just tastes better too.
    I wonder about any remaining ? chemical residues in the mass produced stuff we all consume and imagine it might not be too good for us if there's some kind of cumulative build up effect somewhere ?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.