Had a look at Raygen www site explaining their projects near...

1. 6,998 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Had a look at Raygen www site explaining their projects near Mildura - their PV ultra at Newbridge is new tech I had not heard of - producing 2MW of heat energy for every MW of electricity. Will be interesting to watch how the heat is captured as PV Ultra is utilised more. The proposed Carwarp site will ditto be interesting to watch as it is eventually built.
    Not being listed on ASX Raygen does not have to disclose much. Time will tell if Carwarp joins the list of failed CSP projects.
    I see they allready flag PV may use power from the grid "... while electricity from PV Ultra or the grid is used to run a chiller to produce near freezing water in a second reservoir."

None of their project names names are found on AEMO lists that I found so Newbridge is not grid connected yet. One thing is certain and that is the laws of physics will not change to help Raygen.

I see the large Euro stock Proton has bought into Raygen. This year, long after buying into Raygen - I see Proton has commenced standard solar PV projects near Leeton -

https://www.leeton.nsw.gov.au/about-council/latest-news/soil-turning-ceremony-to-start-construction-of-14mwp-leeton-solar-farms.aspx

not exactly a roaring endorse of the complex & hopeful Raygen technologies.

Right now I think the NSW history of being littered with failed solar thermal hardware will be safe.
    Last edited by Welkin31: l 15/06/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.