ASX 0.25% $63.93 asx limited

world markets about to collapse, page-14

1. 5,439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Another angle: what is a job? Neither my wife and nor I have jobs, but we do have well above-average incomes. We are each directors of the other's small business, and have been for over ten years. The businesses are quite different but have synergies (sharing same computer network, SOHO facilities). We employ nobody else. When the opportunities come bubbling in we enlist the help of others, contractors. They are also sole business operators, typically half of another partnership engaged in some economic activity. They also employ nobody. We have made a conscious decision to not grow our respective businesses into empires with teams of employees for lifestyle and other reasons. What's more, I'm increasingly running into other people who have figured out the same approach to 'work and income'. the whole phenomenon seems to be escalating at a fast rate, especially with outsourcing by everybody from the military to corporates to local government. My point is simply that there's a lot of wealth being generated and mortgages and tax being paid by people who are not employees but who are not unemployed either. I wonder if the surveys are counting the many 'me's?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.