wow, what an amazing tree, asx! I'm having trouble getting the...

1. 3,537 Posts.
    wow, what an amazing tree, asx! I'm having trouble getting the videos to be continuous - they keep dropping out, got plenty of data left this month, so can't work out why.
    I'm looking forward to watching the whole series when the silly season calms down.

Thanks for those tips about sunlight and misting the cuts - I didn't know that.

Cabbbie, I thought you might have got your measurements wrong LOL. However, I'm not surprised that it's thriving in the water. I remembered I have another ficus that I bought at a garage sale. When the lady went to pick up the pot, it was firmly stuck! Turns out it was sitting on boards covering an old stone water tank (about waist height) and the tap root had gone down between the boards into the water. We had to saw it free LOL.

Tomorrow I'll take a photo of the smaller ficus. You'll see that it's quite a large tree for the pot, also the leaves are rather large and it needs a trim badly. Plus I need to trim the tap root, but will have to wait.

Just noticed, I don't live in Melbourne, but I've been to that shop in Church St, Hawthorn - a cute little garden shop, just down the road from a lovely Quilt shop!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.