I'm looking at some Chalet's (not even sure if buying isn't a...

1. 81,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I'm looking at some Chalet's (not even sure if buying isn't a bad idea yet - still trying to get head around the tax laws here) --

and, I've seen the odd one that's big - far far too big for me - but, they have THE thing that I'm most desirous of ---------- location - for me - no.1 - the view - then, there are other criteria like access to town etc etc.

But, I've thought through if a big one comes up - what will I do - and, so far - my thoughts are this --- most of them are 3 storey - mostly they have bedrooms up top - I guess for heating.
    My plan if I get one is that I'll want one with at least a bedroom on ground level - then, I'll just totally shut down the upper two floors - close em up fully to trap the heat below.

There's a couple of reasons - energy and efficiency - and, a single bloke in a huge joint has a really lonely feel about it for some reason - whereas a 'right sized place' - that's fine. Plenty of room for a guest (meaning perhaps sleeping room for visiting friends and a big enough bed in my room for a regular friend. - but, ---------- absolutely zero need for 2 more floors.

the biggest fly in the ointment is car parking - but, that's a different issue

I can tell you this - I'll be the only bloke in a multi million euro pad in the alps with only 1 fork, one knife and 2 spoons in his kitchen drawer

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.