Relying on a committee, voted in by people who would rather not...

1. 28,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    Relying on a committee, voted in by people who would rather not have compulsory voting or would vote for Ivan Mallat if he worn the right coloured tie, vote for the person they despise the least or those special kind of people who listen to all the promises and vote for the peanuts who offer up the most expensive promises that may benefit their position make me slightly uneasy when whoever happens to be “In” explains to us that they have everything under control and have the best of the best safeguarding us!

Maybe I’m just a tad cynical of the good people who sacrifice their opportunities to work in the Private Sector so they can steer our great country to prosperity for all!

I remember Ray Martin interviewing Dr Joh Hewson or Malcom Frasier (?).
    The great man (tongue in cheek for anyone who wants to argue that last point) said there was 2 reasons why people entered politics, they either had a compulsion to help the country and the population in general or they had no friends and gaining a position of power in politics meant that people had to talk to them and pretend to like them!

I’m pretty sure it was Dr Hewson, he said he wanted to help and had plenty of friends (just not enough at the polling stations, bit like we saw last election with the red tie mob).

abdm, would you suggest that we all look at our own risk mitigation plans and try and be sensible (without going the OTT apocalypse preper route?).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.