AVX 0.00% 2.5¢ avexa limited

worlds best hiv treatment

1. 11,696 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1684
    Big news last week, as Merck's ISENTRESS (raltegravir & once known as MK-0518) 48 week phase 3 data came out:

"The 48-week results for ISENTRESS show that when paired with other anti-HIV medicines, ISENTRESS effectively lowered the amount of virus in the blood to undetectable levels in 62 percent of patients versus 33 percent of patients receiving placebo plus other anti-HIV medicines."

This is a much hyped blockbuster drug. Now compare this with avexa's atc:

"Avexa Reports Superior Results in ATC Phase IIb Clinical Trial Update 48 week data shows (over) 90% of treated patients achieve undetectable viral loads".

Unsure if I was comparing like with like, I rang avx this am, & spoke to Alan. He said that they had a meeting this morning & talked about the very same data & atc's superiority.

I said to him that as far as all the research I have done, atc appears to be the best HIV treatment in the world. He said that my findings are correct!

I asked him if atc should become a first line of therapy. He said it's easier for it to be released as a second line to start with, but then it's performance may well move it to a first line therapy.

Merck's full release via:
    www.merck.com/newsroom/press_releases/product/2008_0723.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.