Doesnt mean her utterances are either, intelligent, factual,...

1. 27,491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    Doesnt mean her utterances are either, intelligent, factual, relavant, poignant, prophetical, or necassary.

In her special economic zone, does she agree with child prostitution ,such as in Batam?

Under a framework signed in June 2006, Batam, along with parts of neighboring Bintan and Karimun, are a part of a Special Economic Zone with Singapore; this zone eliminates tariffs and value-added taxes for goods shipped between Batam and Singapore.[2]

I just read an article in Straits Times and I'm disturbed. It touched on Children Issues and on Child Prostitution in Batam, Indonesia. I'm appalled to read that girls as young as 8 years old have been sold as prostitutes and the fact that men from Singapore are going Batam for the young flesh. While 14 year old girls in Singapore drool over idols over the internet and on tv, girls the same age in Indonesia are made to sell their bodies. I don't think many people are aware of this or probably may not have paid much attention to the news in Singapore so I am giving my airing my 2 cents worth of shock and horror on my blog to inform friends that this is happening very near us. It involves people we might know taking part in this terrible phenomenon. I'm not exaggerating here. Studies have shown that Singaporean men make up the largest number of sex tourists to the Riau Islands in Indonesia. These are young girls - children for goodness sake not your typical adult women prostitute. Shame on those who corrupt and rob children of their innocence!

http://sleepingpillsandcats.blogspot.com.au/2006/09/singaporean-men-in-batam-for-child.html

Raider
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.