Worlds Oldest, page-24

1. 18,215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    G2 - a very surprising post by you! Congratulations if you really mean it.
    Of course, it goes for the other side of the coin, too!
    I have been lucky to have been married to a true human being - sadly, he died too young (smoker, compulsive achiever, also very creative).

I tried a few times, lack of experience and no 'killer instinct' on my part - so no positive outcome, just listened to a lot of sad stories about what 'she's done to me, therefor I can't 'trust', 'love', 'commit', 'move on' [you name it - the list goes on and on] - and, of course, the final insult - men 'fall off the perch' sooner than women, but that could be the subject for another thread.

Now I am happy to be surrounded by good friends - all kinds, different political opinions, religions - doesn't matter to me - as long as we can have the odd honest get-together and a good natter - and the wives don't get jealous (yes, they do - always worried about their husbands - but you put the reasons very succinctly) - and we can have some laughs and good food.

Sadly, when one looks at the various TV shows like 'married at first sight' etcetera ad nauseum - society supports the fake everything, beginning with looks and ending with emotions. Where can we learn? it would have to be in the home. If we haven't had it ourselves, maybe we can pass it on to our children.
    Your wife/partner is a lucky lady
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.