BEN 0.43% $11.49 bendigo and adelaide bank limited

Denver you still don't get, do you?The investments were not tax...

1. 543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Denver you still don't get, do you?
    The investments were not tax dodges at all. They were alternative investments into agriculture and they were of a very long term nature. The government (our government)then decided to grant it tax deferal status. I know you are not the brightest spark but you may understand that the government did allow for an upfront tax deduction with the understanding that the tax will be paid when the projects mature. So not only the investors but also the ATO and other government agencies thought these project were fit to receive tax deferal status.

I for my part invested as a "green" alternative to stocks and as a way to get the payouts to fund my retirement.

Yes, if we all had our time again we would stay away from any type of MIS. However, we have to deal with the realities as they present themselves and BEN is not doing that. BEN may win or may lose the court cases but as any finance expert will tell you, they must take provisions against the bad loans. Instead they are boasting about increased profits and management is paying fat bonuses. This will back fire on shareholders irrespective of the outcome of the court cases.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.49
Change
-0.050(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $6.525B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.58 $11.64 $11.45 $20.33M 1.766M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4783 $11.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.50 11419 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.